Translate

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Clean and Simple Cards with Water Coloring Tutorial for Die~Namites!



Sharing with you all my clean and simple cards with water coloring tutorial....from the Die~Namites Blog,!
Be sure to jump over to the Die~Namites Blog for amazing creations from our Design Team....
Clean and Simple Cards
Who doesn't love the end of a work week, with busy schedules, etc.
It's Peggy Lee, here to share with you all. A simple card with water coloring tutorial!
I love to pile on many other products like (inks, gesso, fibers, stamps, etc.)
on my everyday cards, but
sometimes it's refreshing to make a clean and simple card.
That is actually what I have created here with just a hint of mixed media texture!

Shady Tree


 Water coloring Tutorial
Step 1. Die cut your Die~Namites Die,
 I die cut the "Shady Tree" out of white card stock.

Step 2
. Using your inks or mist try your hand at water coloring with them.
I used my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist products....first I 
used Tattered Leather glimmer mist.
Step 3. Dry in between each color of mist.
Step 4. Start with your lightness color, then keep coloring!
Tattered Angels Canary Chalkboard glimmer mist.
Next I used 
Tattered Angels Chilli Pepper Red Simply Sheer.
Next I used
Tattered Angels Olive Vine glimmer mist.
Next I used 
Ranger Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy.
Next I used
Ranger Distress Stain Spiced Marmalade.
Then I used 
Tattered Angels Graphite glimmer mist to
add splatters....to give the tree and leaves a
weathered worn feel.

There you have it so simple and fun to use your mists, inks and stains...
to water color your die cuts.
Here is a side view of the "Shady Tree" I popped the die cut
up with pop dots...to give the image depth.
I just love how this card came out....love faint stamping with the depth of the tree.
Oh and by far my favorite is the water coloring, it's so fun...
Why don't you try this technique out, I know you will love it!!!

Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy the fall season!

Peggy Lee

Supplies:

Tattered Angels-Glimmer mist in Tattered Leather,
Graphite, Olive vine & Canary Chalkboard 
Chilli Pepper Red Simply Sheer
Ranger-Distress ink-brushed corduroy
Distress Stain-spiced marmalade
CTMH-Chocolate ink, script stamp
White card stock base

No comments:

Post a Comment