Translate

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas

Mixed Media Canvas-I am sharing an olde but a goodie....enjoy!
I got to have some creative play this week with a friend and knew I wanted to create a mixed media canvas for someone special. That is why there is no title on this art piece yet (I will post after I have mailed this art piece out)! This was a lot of fun to create...
It all started with a plan 6x6 canvas, I glued down some wrinkled natural tissue paper.
I forgot to snap a photo of me trying out my new find which was Martha Stewart Stucco Paint where I used Crafters Workshop stencils with Splash of Color Primary Elements: Majestic Blue-Costa Rica and Dragon Wing powders those are so cool to mixed with molding paste or stucco like I used.
I used my favorite Tim Holtz Sizzix die: Tattered Floral which I cut with Coraline fabric with some of my favorite Tattered Angels glimmer mist. I just love how the Coraline will hold it's shape while being dried. I also used some Petaloo flowers that came in white.
I used some Dusty Attic chipboard pieces, which I cut apart and gesso them with spraying glimmer mist to give a weathered look.
These are Tim Holtz Sizzix die: Gears gesso-glimmer misted!!!
I just love how they came out.
Here is a close up of the handmade flowers with a Prima flower.
The next sets of photos show case the textures of adding layers of:
gesso, stucco, glimmer mist and stamping.
the fibers are cheese cloth covered in glimmer mists....
oops-I was being lazy and used my hand to clean my stamp...lol
and whoola my finished canvas (only needs a title) and will be complete and I hope my friend that someone special will enjoy it.

Don't be afraid of mixed media grab a few supplies and just start playing, it's all about the layers...enjoy!!
Thanks for stopping in today, remember to leave a comment!!
Peggy Lee


Supplies:
Splash of Color: Primary Elements
Martha Stewart: Stucco paint
Gesso
Ranger: Archival Black ink, stamps and Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium Matte
and Perfect Pearl Mist: Heirloom Gold, Blue Patina and Sunflower Sparkle and handmade distressed mixture of vintage photo and brushed corduroy.
and Tim Holtz Alternations Dies: Gears and Tattered Florals
Prima: flower
Petaloo: white flowers
Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist
Turqouise Blue
Graphite
Aquamarine
Coffee shop
Melissa Frances: resin lock
Coraline
gems, cheese clothe
Dusty Attic: chipboard pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment