Translate

Monday, December 5, 2016

Altered Shadow Box Stand-Christmas Decoration!


When I bought this metal sign stand this summer I knew I wanted to 
create a shadow box home decor piece for the Christmas Season.
The 7Gypsies new paper collection Seamstress was perfect with
a vintage feel and beautiful.



I started with a metal sign stand painted it 
with chalk white paint...sanded it down to remove
areas of paint to give a shabby look.
Built a shadow box with chipboard pieces glued them
together painted with gesso and chalk paint.


Using the 7Gypsies Seamstress paper collection cut paper in 
sections to cover the box, gave them white wash 
and distressed the edges.


For the backing piece I ran through a Teresa Collins
embossing folder to give the quilt pattern paper texture.
LOVE.


After all the hard work was done came the best part
Embellishing!!! I didn't gather anything I used what was  
laying around on my desk...bits and pieces in my junk jars.


I had a few flowers laying about changed the color tones of this 
Petaloo flower with Tattered Angels Glimmer mist


Love the Snow-Tex on the edges of the flowers and pine cones!


Tiny bottle brush tree with glitter, snow-tex and pearls...nestled 
in with the 7Gypsies logo car making deliveries...so cute.


And my projects wouldn't be complete without my vintage mother
of pearl buttons...tucked in throughout.
Another vintage find was the tiny Bell in the upper right corner...I found
those vintage bells last years (so reminds me of my childhood decorations).


Hope you enjoyed gazing upon my altered stand...It's given
me a spark in the Holiday crafting! Love the products you see
be sure to jump over to the Canvas Corp Brands website and
 get a start on your holiday shopping!

Peggy Lee

Supplies:

Tattered Angels-Glimmer mist
7Gypsies-Seamstress paper
Metal Sign Stand
Petaloo-flowers
Making Memories-frame
Diamond Dust Glitter
Gesso
Chalk Paint
Chip Board
Cheese Clothe
Vintage Bell
Vintage Mother of Pearl Buttons


3 comments: