Translate

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Art in 5 Days....Day 5 "A Tag Play House"

Art for 5 Days


 My friend Lynne tagged me in sharing my Art for 5 Days over on Facebook....so I decided to dig through my old blog post for some of my favorite art pieces I have created over the years....so I decided this would be awesome to share on my blog as well...what a great way to look back and as well as see how I have grown in my creative journey. To start I decided to make it a little fun and start with Day 5 first and count down to my favorite Day 1 of Art.....be sure to stop by over the next 5 days here on my blog.

Countdown Art for 5 Days:

"Day 5"

Back in February 19, 2011....I decided to take part in a challenge over on Simon Says Stamp and Show Blog  and it was so fun....enjoy reading this blog post here....the link has changed so follow this link above for their current challenges.

"A Tag" Challenge: " A Tag Play House"

 Wow this little "Tag" Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show Blog sure stretched my creative mind, I started out making a simple tag, then taped together two, then three...using the new Graphic 45 papers "Once Upon a Springtime Collection". 
 I also took to shipping tags and covered with papers, inks and created a floor for the walls to be placed on. I used a Hero Arts stamp for the two side gates, I used Tim Holtz "On The Edge-Picket Fence Die" to create the adorable little fence, with old book papers glued on and glimmer misted and painted white.
 To give it a garden bed along the  fence,  I used again Tim Holtz "Tattered Floral Die Cut" to create flowers and sprayed them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Jazz Blue, Frost and Coffee Shop) also used Distress inks Spun Sugar and Dried Marigold to color the flowers. Added gems and pearls with butterfly punch-Martha Stewart with inked edges. For all the distressing and aging I used Tim Holtz Distress inks (Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Spun Sugar, and Dried Marigold).
 I cut out the little characters from one of the Graphic 45 papers, added inks and stickles. Finished off the little tag play house with some moss to give it that at home feel. Love it.
 This little paper lantern was made using the die cuts on the Graphic 45papers and taped together and hanging on a stem.
I used a piece of Grunge Paper and inked it with Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo, added another die cut little title out and hung it off the picket fence. so cute. A little fairy next to the grunge paper key and butterfly hiding in the little garden along the fence.
I had a blast starting out with one thing on my mind was to create a simple tag with this new line of paper then my creative spirit flowed into this Tag Play House!!!

Thanks for stopping by today,
enjoy-create on....

Peggy Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment