Translate

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 9-HomeSpun Holiday

Day 9 of 25 Days til Christmas HomeSpun Holiday!!! I must say I love getting and giving handmade heartfelt gifts...This little Bittersweet prim pillow and adorable prim heart ornament would be welcomed in a home for the Holiday Season for all to enjoy. The Stitchery was hand drawn and stitched by me. (I created this for my home a gift for me. shhhh it's good to create something you love and enjoy it).
 The heart was so simple I just folded a piece of white paper in half and drew a half of a heart shape, cut it out and folded my material in half, pinning the paper heart still folded on the material and cut out... this way you save a step. Then I sewed and stuffed the pillow and heart, took some red felt two square shapes and cut out a spiral for the rolled flower, rolled and hot glued together, added some lace trim for the hanger. For the leaves I used Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die and hot glued onto the heart pillow and then glued the red rolled rose...and your done.
 
close up of the pillow front and back...I love to create primitive home decor items to admire around the home and to brighten some one's day. 


Happy Homespun Holiday to you and your family & friends.
Peggy Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment