Translate

Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 19-20 HomeSpun Holiday

Wow it's getting close-it's Day 19-20 of 25 Days til Christmas HomeSpun Holiday, and yes you read it right two days in one, I wasn't feeling to good yesterday. I can't believe in less than 4 days it's Christmas oh boy the time flies when there is so many to do things on our special list. Last night and this morning my mind kept drifting back to the olde days, memories of loved ones who have passed on and how special those holiday moments where that we spent with them. How our hearts break at this time of the season thinking of them and wishing they were here with us. So this got me a thinking why not create a little memory ornament to give to Lee's family, see we don't buy for the grown ups just the kids (this helps with the cost and our kids need a special gift from their loved ones). To share this memory with Lee's family is so special we all miss Lee's father, I came across this photo on the computer (but my good copier was down so I had to print pics on regular printer paper) which worked well. I made a page of wallet sizes photos printed them cut them out and glued them onto card stock and then to a piece of chipboard. Covered the backs with Mistletoe CTMH papers, added some eyelets for a place to put the hanger (a pipe cleaner). Dabbed some glue on the sides and added some chunky old fashion glitter, let dry. Then I decided it needed something more so I grabbed a couple flower punches and more Mistletoe paper and created a handmade flower with added bling. Whoola!! 

 The other day while out shopping for those special gifts I always keep a look out for  something to bling up or add some paper crafting too. At the dollar store I was browsing the candle section and saw those old time looking tall skinny candle and thought I could create those paper roses on this or add some fabric. I decided to use the Mistletoe Christmas papers again-I first measured around the candle to get the perfect fit, cut down matching papers, sanded and inked the edges. And I have been creating these awesome paper rolled roses that Tracey Mason shared with us on her blog. Added some Tattered Leaves die cuts and bowed punched outs and finished off with some pearls. Love how this came out.

close up of paper rolled roses!!!

I think I will keep this one for me...shhh
Happy Holidays, Peggy Lee

1 comment:

  1. They will love these. You have a big heart Peggy! Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete