Translate

Friday, May 4, 2018

Altered Vintage Style Mailbox for CCB Crew Challenge: 12 x 12 Kraft Envelope


Over on the Canvas Corp Brands Blog, HERE is showcasing all the 
amazing artwork from the CREW...
"It is All About The 12 x 12 Kraft Envelope Crew Challenge

Here is my take on this challenge using a 12 x 12 Kraft
Envelope I received in my design team package.

Altered Vintage Style Mailbox


I even used Canvas Corp Brands Names on the mailbox
CCB, 7g and TA


I dug through my stash for embellishments as well as created a little
 "welcome" banner using 7g Architextures papers.


I so love how the CCB Tissue Stock with layers of 
Tattered Angels glimmer mist and paint gives such great texture! 


Our challenge was to create a piece of art with the envelope we
personally got in our design team package. 
You can purchase these envelopes over on the Canvas Corp Brands
Shop, HERE.

I received the 12x12 Kraft Envelope in my design team package, 
and this was a super fun challenge. Here is a small walk through
of how I turned a plain 12x12 Kraft Envelope into an 
Altered Vintage Style Mailbox!

I started by laying the envelope down on a scoring board, scoring about an
1 inch in on both sides and bottom.
Fold your score lines a few times helps to give a good crease .


Fold  in on the fold lines to create a bag like shape.
Glue down the two triangle points to the bottom and on the top
fold the closing flap in half as well as the front flap to the envelope.


Not shown-I took chipboard and cut to size of all sides, front and back including 
the closing flaps. I cut to sizes, taped together to create a box shape to slide inside
of the envelope to give strength and shape to the envelope.


I took Canvas Corp Tissue Stock in Natural and Ivory (color doesn't matter)
I crinkled up the tissue stock and glued down to the envelope.
Created chipboard seams and painted with Gesso- white washed everything, this will help the Tattered Angels glimmer mist, glimmer glaze and high impact paint to stick to.



Before painting the final layer this is when I glued down all the 
embellishments like the 7G Architextures Tin Tile, hardware and letters.
Painted it with a layer of  Light Blue of Tattered Angels High Impact paint.


Grab your favorite Tattered Angels glimmer mist and glimmer glazes and color away.
Many layers of mist just keep adding til you get the effect you are looking for.
Allow to dry and then embellish even more, I created a little 
"welcome" banner using 7G Architextures papers.
 I created a little stack of faux letters and adorn it with spring time florals.


Don't forget to jump over to the Canvas Corp Brands Blog, HERE
to see the rest of the Creative Crew's works of ART.

Thanks, Peggy Lee

Supplies:
Canvas Corp Brands
Canvas Corp-12x12 Kraft Envelope
Canvas Corp-Tissuestock
7Gypsies-Architextures-Tin Tile, papers
7Gypsies-metal charms, butterfly stamp
Tattered Angels-High Impact Paint-Light Blue
Tattered Angels-Glimmer Mist
Baby Blue
Bronze
Snowy pine
Graphite
Bahama Blue
Mint Julip
English Ivy
Tattered Angles-Glimmer Glaze-Bon Bon
Ranger-Tim Holtz-Distress Collage Medium-Vintage
Waverly Wax-Antique Wax
Chipboard 
Gesso



1 comment: