Translate

Friday, February 5, 2016

"THE FIRST SELFIE" Mixed Media Card


Canvas Corp Brands Team Up with Words & Paintery Challenge Blog!

The Canvas Corp Brands Crew was challenged to participate in this challenge as well. This is the outlines of they had to follow. The interpretations are free in form (layout, card, art journal, album, canvas) but they need to be of mixed media type.

You can find out more about this team up challenge over on the 
Words & Paintery Blog, Here.

Here is my take on this fabulous challenge...
"THE FIRST SELFIE"
(so I can crop them out later.)

I created a mixed media card for the challenge, 
started by gathering my Canvas Corp Brand supplies.


&
Let me walk you through my mixed media card!
I started with a card base, for the card layers
I used a few pieces of 7Gypsies paper collection
Gypsy Moments-Roses Reflections, Board & Room 
and Express Yourself.


Gave the layers some texture with gesso, modeling paste with 
stencils, cheese clothe, CC grey burlap and rope. Added color using
Tattered Angels mists in color challenge colors with a few extras!


Close ups of the textures of my card...
love the burlap and beads peeking through.





I even colored the CC jute rope with glimmer mist...so fun!


Now don't forget to stop by the
Canvas Corp Blog, HERE

You will be so INSPIRED!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Happy Creating
Peggy Lee

Supplies:

Canvas Corp-Grey Burlap, Jute Rope
7Gypsies-Gypsy Moments paper collection
Tattered Angels-GM Graphite, Abominable Snowman,
Lobster, Riptide
Plain Jane-Baseboard Blue Bird
The Crafters Workshop-stencils Reverse Chicken Wire
Ranger-Multi Matte Med, Distress ink Vintage Photo
Cheese Clothe
Beads
Paper Flowers






1 comment: