Translate

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Not To Shabby Motley Layout & Tutorial on MSD Blog

Yes I am holding back the tears as I write this blog post, today over on MSD Blog I am sharing this layout of my youngest daughter Emilee who is graduating High School next weekend...I knew I wanted to create a layout with the Motley paper collection by Marion Smith Designs. 
It's so beautiful and I love the name of the background paper "Not To Shabby"!! And my daughter Emilee will be leaving the nest soon to adventure out on a Ministry School this fall. 
And yes I am a very proud momma, it's bittersweet though cause it will be hard to let her go and grow!!
It seems that my girls grew up so fast, that's why I love scrapbooking, making journals to have to remember those precious moments in life...it's a blessing.
Close up!
Flower Tutorial
First die cut your flower petals out of fabric...
Singe the edges of each petals.
Hot glue each petal to a circle felt piece.
Keep layering until you get the depth of flower your desire.
Die cut out your leaves out of green fabric
Singe the edges of your leaves just like you did the petals.
Glue leaves to the back on the flower...
Add a Junque & Gem Pearl Rhinestone to the center.
FABULOUS
Here is the completed flower-perfect accent for you layouts.
I added texture with stencils and stucco and random stamping with Marion's stamps.
Added some of Marion's Junque & Gems and Resin pieces.
LOVE THEM
Don't forget to fussy cut out images from the paper collections to 
create your own embellishments.

Here are some close ups of the layout, enjoy!


Thanks for stopping in today,
hugs
Peggy Lee

Supplies
Marion Smith Designs: Motley Paper Collection-
Not To Shabby, Archive, Carmie
and Never Grow Up-Wild & Free
Dies-Leaves & Stamen, Rose Petal & Die
Junque & Gems
Resins
Stamps
Tattered Angels-Glimmer mist in Coffee Shop, Juneberry Wine
and Aquamarie
The Crafter's Workshop-Mini Love Post, Mini Ledger
Stucco/Gesso
Ranger-Archival ink-jet black


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the flower tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy - well that ain't too shabby :)
    What kind of fabric did you use to make your fabulous flowers???
    I wanna make some too.

    ReplyDelete