Translate

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 15-16 HomeSpun Holiday

Day 15-16 of 25 Days til Christmas HomeSpun Holiday.
My days are starting to run together as the time for Christmas day approaches, my list get longer and more projects and gifts to make get longer. Not even the making of cookies and goodies to give.
 All this to share one of my gifts I finished last night is this stationary box filled with cards for my mother-in-law. I am so glad it's done, and I love it so much (I kinda want to keep it) but I won't, it turned out really sweet and pretty.  I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio white paint and covered a paper mache box, then I selected my papers and Lee's mom loves old vintage story books (that we all read as a child) and this new paper line from Creative Imaginations IOD was perfect for this little box. I used multi-medium glue also by Claudine to adhere the papers to the box, added some pink trim around and created a little collage of papers on top, added this little white frame from Melissa Frances-created a little photo scene with the little girl and frog..how cute.
 I took the same papers IOD and created these paper roses (which I have created alot, but this style is a little different-I learned this decorative edge from Tracey Mason a CTMH sista), please hop over and visit her blog and you will be blown away by a wedding cake she made out of papers and these roses! I added some more trims, punched out some pine bowes and finished off the roses with pearls. Last step I hot glued some wooden balls that I painted white to match for the bottom of the box for feet.

                                                          Shabby Chic goodness...
 So this morning for Day 16-I am enjoying my hot cups of coffee and yes that's right cups!!! lol I started to remember last Christmas and how we enjoyed the family time together so I wanted to share a memory with you on this day...our girls sure know how to have fun fighting over the last of the candy canes...silly girls I had another whole box to put out....no they were really have fun...honest!Give me that Candy Cane!!! NO!!! UUU give me it!
 

Girls will be Girls!!

blessings, Peggy Lee

3 comments:

  1. Peggster....your box is beautiful!!! what a wonderful gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box is absolutely beautiful!!!! I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peg- this is a stunner! Thank you for the shout out & beautiful work!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete